Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Title : Beautiful Darkness
Author(s): Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Summary: Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she’s struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever. Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town’s oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Rate : 10/10 stars
Okay, so i literally JUST got done reading this book..and i'm thoroughly impressed.
So with out further ado, here are my top likes and dislikes..
1. I live near south carolina, and they got the south right on the money. I know how small towns can be (thank god mines not like that), and they nailed it.
2. The main character Lena. She relates well to the reader (or atleast to me), and is also very much a girl. When i first started reading this i was like ' Lena's probably going to be a badass, and just going to blow everyone away.'...but no. She was a real girl (setting aside the fact that she can bring on a hell of a storm with just a thought).
3. I liked how the writers made the reader realize that Ethan, even if he hated it, was apart of that town. I guess why i liked it was because its SOOO TRUE!
4. Scene where their in the library...its just really cool.
5. The description was AH-mazing. Everything in my mind was sooo crystal clear, and thats really all the writers doing. So they did a good job doing that.
For the dislikes...i honestly dont have any. To me, this book was one of the best books i've read in a long time.
You can get the book here (Beautiful Creatures) and read more about the authors and their up coming books here (Caster Chronicles)