Saturday, January 1, 2011
Once upon a full moon ; number uno!
Title: Once upon a full moon
Author: Ellen Schreiber
Summary: Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves -Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.
Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run. Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon.
(Copy right to Ellen Schreiber)
I honestly don't know a better way to start off my 150 book chalenge than with this book. Its only 292 pages, and easy read, but a great read at that.
When i saw that the author of this book had written the Vampire Kisses books, i was like 'ohh lord. Not another Vampire author'.
I did have some dislikes though, so lets go ahead and get to the likes and dislikes list...
1. The two main characters are likable. Which this is key, unless the main character is a villain, but even then the author wrote from that POV for a reason soo...
2. You understand where the separation in the East and West sides. They dont mix. Ever.
3. Celeste's two best friends are likable enough, but their annoying. The reason i'm putting them in the 'like' section, is because most friends are like this in High school. They're there for you, but they also want things to stay the same, never differ. They want you to have all the same friends, ect. ect.
4. I'm a HUGE romantic, so the romance in this book was great. But heres the thing again, WHAT IS IT WITH LOVE TRIANGLES?? I mean, not that i'm complaining, its just...why cant we have a normal story where its one guy and one girl, and they cant be together for whatever reason, but they do anyway. Why is there always a third person (almost always a boy)?
5. I think i'm in love with Brandon. Hands down...he's sexy (;
1. Celeste seems very clingy. I mean, i know there 'meant to be together' and all this crap, but come on. Get yourself together girl.
2. Nash is an a**. He's a jerk boyfriend and a attention searcher. ew.
3. Even though the friends (Ivy and Abby) are in the 'likes', there also in my dislikes. They, to me, are not true friends. Their jealous of one another, and really, who wants friends like that?
4. Dr. Meadows is a jerk. Hands down.
So, over all, it was a pretty awesome book! It was released on the 28th of last month (December) so its brand-spanking new! You can get it here (Amazon, Borders, Barns&Noble)
This is also (like i said before) my first book in my 150 book challenge! It was a great start, and i'm about to start a new one (:
To learn more about Ellen Schreiber and her books you can go here ( Ellen Schreiber )
This book gets an 8.5/10 (: