Title: The Candidates
Author: Inara Scott
Summary: Dancia Lewis is far from popular. And that's not just because of her average grades or her less-than-glamorous wardrobe. In fact, Dancia's mediocrity is a welcome cover for her secret: whenever she sees a person threatening someone she cares about, things just...happen. Cars skid. Structures collapse. Usually someone gets hurt. So Dancia does everything possible to avoid getting close to anyone, belieiving this way she can supress her powers and keep them hidden.
But when recruiters from the prestigious Delcroix Academy show up in her living room to offer her a full scholarship, Dancia's days of living under the radar may be over. Only, Delcroix is a school for diplomats' kids and child geniuses--not B students with uncontrollable telekinetic tendencies. So why are they treating Dancia like she's special? Even the hottest guy on campus seems to be going out of his way to make Dancia feel welcome.
And then there's her mysterious new friend Jack, who can't stay out of trouble. He suspects something dangerous is going on at the Academy and wants Dancia to help him figure out what. But Dancia isn't convinced. She hopes that maybe the recruiters know more about her "gift" than they're letting on. Maybe they can help her understand how to use it...But not even Dancia could have imagined what awaits her behind the gates of Delcroix Academy.
Hey guys!! Sorry i haven't updated in a while. Back in January there was this really big snow storm (on the week of our exams, go figure) and I read this book that week. With that being said, this is long over due. But after that week things got crazy with exams and all that jazz. But i'm here now! Never fear (:
Okay, so this book was atcually pretty good. I had never heard of it til i was buying Shadowspell (review thats coming up next) on Amazon and this caught my eye. So i bought it on a whim, praying to God it was a good book.
My prayers were answered.
1. Dancia is a really cool character. I mean, other than it being TOTALLY predictable that she was going to have this great power, she was really cool. But with every cool character, there is some annoyance with that character. You heard me right. She annoys the CRAP out of me.
2. Jack is my new boyfriend. I love him, i love him, i love him.
3. Dancia's grandma is my favorite (:
4. The way the author describes all the characters in the book is nice. You have a very good picture in your head of what they look like and what their power is.
1. Cameron. There is just something...fishy going on there.
2. Mr. Jordan *
Other than those two dislikes, i really did like the book. The 'fight' scene was uber cool, and Jack is AMAZING. Though, i do find the "Protectors*" quite fishy. I don't really know what to think about them. I think there is more than just trying to 'protect' people form the Candidates.
This is the first book of the series, and it came out August 24 of last year. You can get it here -- (Borders, Amazon, Barns&Noble) and you can learn more about Inara Scott <--buy clicking on her name (:
Not sure if i'm doing Shadowspell tonight or not...
* Not sure if these are the right names, cause i don't have the book with me at this time. But i THINK they are.