Monday, January 10, 2011
Spells ; number two!
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Summary: Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever. When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?
Hey guys!! This is my second book of my 150 challenge! (hear by known as TMABCE ((most awesome book challenge ever)) )
Okay, so this book was..ehh. I loved reading it, and there was a cliffy at the end that makes me cant wait for the next book, but by when i was reading the last couple pages, i was just disappointed.
1. Tamani. He's amazing, and deffinatly my favorite character in this whole series.
2. Avalon was just amazing, how they discribed it. It was just as a pictured it and then some.
3. The 'politics' i guess you could say. Or really how Pike described the society and the ranks.
4. The Fall Farie Institute was great.
5. Klea was a pretty kick a** character
6. The festivel was awesome. I liked how they tied in Shakespeare (:
1. David. I just hate David.
2. Laurel needed to choose Tamani.
3. I really just don't like David at all.
4. The fact that Laural kepted playing Tamani.
5. Did i mention i LOATHED David?
Okay, so as you can see, i don't like David. The fact that in the end Laural was a major (excuse my french) bitch to Tamani (or she was going to be) turn me away from really liking the book. I never really hate a book, but i can hate characters in it (David).
I bet you, Davids going to turn out bad. In the book, it said the human relationships were frowned upon, because the human ended up hurting the Fairy. Foreshadowing anyone?
And i know its kinda shallow not to like a book because of it not turning out the way you want it to be, but ugh! SHE SHOULD BE WITH TAMANI!!
*clears throat* sorry about that. I just couldn't help it.
But good news is, is that the next book 'Illusions' is coming out in May!! Not that far away! (and i know your thinking, ' Holly, thats 5 months away'. But in book time, thats a good thing. Cause you normally have to wait a year or two to get the next book.
But needless to say i'm very excited about this sequel!
If you haven't read Wings, i suggest you read it first because this book can get REALLY confusing if you haven't read the first one. You can get it here -- ( Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Borders )
If you've read Wings or you want to by Wings and Spells together, you can fins Spells here (Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Borders)
To learn more about one of my most favorite series (even though i hate David) and a pretty awesome author, you can go here ( Aprilynne Pike )
This book gets a 9/10 !